Below are some of the essential items that you need to pack in your diaper bag backpack for your little baby:
1) Diapers - The most obvious essential for a Diaper Backpack are Diapers of course! A good rule of thumb is to bring one diaper for every hour that you are going to be out with your little angel. If you’re going to be out for the entire day than be sure to pack more, the La Mare Diaper Backpack can fit it.
2) Wipes - The many compartments within the La Mare Diaper Backpack make it super easy to bring a full pack of wipes with you. Don’t want to bring the full pack? No worries, put a few in a plastic ziplock bag and bring them with you. Wipes are versatile and can be used in a few ways; to clean your baby, wash your hands or to sanitize your changing pad... especially after using it in a yucky public restroom.
3) Baby Bottle(s) - Don’t forget to bring your baby’s bottle along for the ride. It’s super important to pack accordingly when it comes to figuring out your toddlers feedings-worth. Whether it’s formula, pumped breast milk, or water be sure to bring enough food to last the day.
4) Changing Pad - A changing pad is vital when traveling with your baby. It is reusable, easy to clean, and can be folded to save space. (Included with our La Mare Diaper Backpack)
5) Baby Cream - Ointment for your baby always comes in handy. Bring a travel-sized tube to save some space!
6) Hat - Whether it’s summer or winter, carry a seasonally appropriate hat to protect your baby from the sun.
7) Pacifiers - Bring an item that comforts your baby like a pacifier or teether. You may store them in a clean bag with extra pacifiers or bottle nipples to ensure everything is sanitary.
8) Light Blanket - For unexpected cool breezes, bring a blanket to keep your baby warm. Blankets can also be used as a nursing cover, bib, changing pad, or to protect your little one from the sun.
9) Burp Cloths - For when your baby is done eating, make sure you have a couple of burp or washcloths with you to absorb the spit-ups. Bring as many as you think you will need, then toss a couple more.
10) Toys - Depending on your baby’s age, bring as many toys as you can to keep them entertained. If you’re in a public restaurant you will need their favorite toys to keep them distracted from everything else. Rattlers, teethers, board books, etc. throw them in the backpack!
11) Hand Sanitizer - Small enough to fit anywhere in the La Mare Diaper backpack, hand sanitizers are for cleaning your hands because you don’t know who else has touched what you’ve touched before feeding or changing your child.
12) Light Snacks - To keep their little tummies full until lunch or dinner, make sure to pack light snacks when on the road like Goldfish or Puffs (my kids favorite). Because we all know there is no “hungry” with kids, just “hangry.”
13) Change of Clothes - You never know when your baby may need a change of clothes. As mothers we know that spit-ups, spills and blowouts happen. Keep a couple cute outfits handy to rotate throughout the day.
14) Band-Aids - Whether it’s for your toddler playing at the playground or your new-born exploring its surroundings, we all know mistakes happen. Pack your kids favorite band-aid to make them feel better when covering up their boo-boo.
15) Sippy Cup (for toddlers) - Pack a couple of sippy cups for juices and water. Every kid has their preference of sippy cups or baby bottles so make sure to bring both!